How to get birth certificate in Bangalore
September 09, 2013
Birth certificate is an important document which is to be used as your residential proof. It is kind of proof in which there are information about your date of birth, place where you were born, your real name, guardians name and other major information.
Why it is important?
You should carry this document when you are applying for:
· Any other such documents that is necessary for your residential proof.
It is highly important that you register the name of the child within 21 days.
How to register?
You can register the name to any of the nearest registration office. Before registration you need to ask for the form from hospital itself which will be sent to the registration office.
Procedure to apply for birth certificate in Bangalore
- To get the birth certificate first you need to visit your nearest District Statistical Officer and check the details about your registration details so that you can apply for the certificate
- You need to pay Rs 5/- for the copy of the certificate in the statistical office.
- They will be checking all the details in the records and accordingly they will prepare the certificate.
- You need to carry some documents with you as a proof before issuing the certificate. This can help in completing the process faster.
- There are various centers from where the birth certificate can be issued. BangaloreOne also has the authority to issue certificate
Procedure to apply for birth certificate in Bangalore through online:
You need to first check out your registration website to see your child’s name has been registered and accordingly you apply for birth certificate. You can do all the transaction online and have to wait for some days to get the birth certificate verified and delivered to your home.
Cost to Apply for Birth Certificate:
Head Office Address:
BMP Statistical Section
10th Floor, Public Utility Building
M.G.Road, Bangalore 560-001
File Before 10:00 A.M - 1:00 P.M from Monday to Friday and 10:00 A.M - 12:00 Noon on Saturday
Other Locations where you can apply:
· Malleshwaram: 080-2337 5109
· Gandhinagar: 080-2287 2986
· Chickpet: 080-2226 6705
· Mahalakshmipuram: 080-2332 4767
· Binnypet and J P Nagar: 080-2676 3510
· Chamarajpet: 080-2223 3819
· Basavanagudi: 080-2661 3041
· Jayanagar and Madivala: 080-2664 7079
· Ashoknagar: 080-2558 3601
· Banaswadi: 080-2551 0276
· Bharatinagar: 080-2555 5821
· Shivajinagar and Jayamahal: 080-2226 2089
· Ganganagar: 080-2333 1703