How to Get Temporary Registration Certificate in Karnataka?
This procedure provides you with information on required documents and fee payable depending on the type of vehicle
How to Get Temporary Registration Certificate?
Application & Documents required:
- Application form KMV 18
- Sale certificate in CMV 21
- Valid Insurance certificate
Fee & Tax payable:
- Fee Rs.25/- (to pay at RTO cash counter)
- Tax for a period not exceeding 30 days for:
- Motor Cycles/Three Wheeled vehicles-Rs.100/-
- Light Motor vehicles other than 3 wheeled-Rs.200/-
- Medium Passenger/Goods vehicles-Rs.400/-
- Heavy Passenger/Goods Vehicles-Rs.600/-
- Chassis to which body has not been attached-Rs.500/-
- Any other vehicles-Rs.300/-
Validity of Temporary Registration:
Temporary registration issued in KMV 19 is valid for a period not exceeding one month, unless extended under the proviso to sub-section (2) of section 43 of the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.