How to Transfer a Khatha Certificate from BDA to BBMP
• Get an attested copy of a sale deed and the attestation can be done by a notary
• Apply for an Encumbrance Certificate available in a sub-registrar office and this should accompany a copy of the sale deed.
• Get an Application form for Registration. This is available in BBMP office.
• Fill all the relevant information and submit all the necessary enclosures along with the acknowledgement form.
• It will take about 15 days to process your application and you can file an RTI to know the status of your application.
• Revenue officers will visit your site for property evaluation. The details of assessment like the area, value of property and the tax imposed will be communicated to you later, after this assessment.
• Payment of Registration Fees which is usually 2% of the value shown in the Sale Deed should be the paid to the revenue officials.
• It takes about a period of 10–15 days to receive a notification for paying the property tax assessed by the authorities.