Explore your city and its people.
Sign up and experience the pulse of the city and its citizens...
Tender S.U.R.E makes Bengaluru roads world-class
May 18, 2017
Project Tender S.U.R.E aims in making Bengaluru’s roads world-class. The initiative began with the understanding that the development of urban roads has been haphazard, without proper guidelines and with multiple civic agencies working multiple times separately on a single road.
Tender S.U.R.E road standards mandate the integration of networked services under the road, such as water, sewage, power, OFC, gas and storm water drains. The design of the roads combines street landscape and hardscape aesthetics prioritizing the comfort and safety of pedestrians, cyclists as well as recognizes the needs of street vendors.
The key features of Tender S.U.R.E roads are:
- Uniform width travel lanes, bicycle paths
- Smoother traffic flow and management
- Safe, continuous, walkable footpaths
- Bays for Bus-stops, bus-shelters
- Organised parking for cars, motorbikes, cycles
- Designated space for street vendors
- Organised underground utility networks, drainage
- Safe street-lighting, street signage
- Old trees protected and new landscaping carried out
- Vibrant landmark intersections, plazas
While Tender S.U.R.E is being executed in three packages to upgrade 50 roads in the city, Richmond Road, Residency Road, Commissariat Road and Museum Road have been modernized under Package-1, and Nrupatunga Road and Kempegowda Road are part of Package-2.
Cunningham Road, Vittal Mallya Hospital Road and St Marks Road, which were upgraded under Package-1, have already been inaugurated.
Pic Courtesy: Juby Thomas, Creative Manager, Janaagraha